Gaun community in the Magboro area of Ogun State,were thrown into confusion after two children, Taiye and Kehinde Oluwasegun, were burnt to death in an inferno that gutted their parents’ bungalow on Tuesday.
The incident happened around 8pm while the family was preparing to have dinner.
Punch gathered that the first born of the family, Iyanu, had tripped over a jerrycan of fuel, which also spilled some of its content in the parlour.
While the mother mopped the spillage, the fuel was said to have flowed to a lantern in the house, which triggered an explosion.
Residents, who were alerted by calls for help, reportedly rescued Iyanu; the second child, Korede; and their parents.
However, the twin children, aged three, were burnt to death.
Korede, six, who sustained burns in the leg said that his father, Aina, was about taking their generator outside when his sister fell.
A motorcyclist in the area, who did not identify himself, said the survivors were helped by residents to cross the bridge.
Like Us on Facebook!
Do You Need a Sugar Mummy, Sugar Daddy, Girlfriend, Boyfriend Wife or Husband? If Yes, Then Click Here For Details